Ole Gunnar Kaldor Austvik
Click to enlarge image
1991-: Høgskolen i Innlandet - Lillehammer (HIL) / Norway University of Applied Sciences - Oslo, Lillehammer. Professor of Political Economy. Link
- 1994-2000: Head of research committee. 2009-2013: Provost / Head of research (Viserektor). 2013-2016: On leave / adjuncted.
- International political economy, European integration, public administration and public policy, international economics, microeconomics, macroeconmics.
- Research groups: European and Global Studies (EUGLOB). Offentlig politikk, ledelse og styring, Energy and Natural Resources.
2013-17: Norsk Utenrikspolitisk Institutt (NUPI) / Norwegian Institute of International Affairs. Adjuncted Senior Researcher. (Forsker II). Link.
- European integration, energy, international political economy, foreign affairs.
- Research groups: NUPI Centre for European Studies. Centre for Energy Research,
2014-16: Harvard Kennedy School of Government. Senior Fellow Mossavar-Rahmani Center (M-RCBG). Harvard University. Link.
- Seminar series: "Europe and the Geopolitics of Energy": Fall 2015 - Spring 2016.
- Research groups: Consortium for Energy Policy Research, Harvard Electricity Policy Group.
- Publications and activities at Harvard University.
2013-16: Handelshøyskolen BI / BI Norwegian Business School. Professor of Energy Economics and Management.1985-91: Norsk Utenrikspolitisk Institutt (NUPI) / Norwegian Institute of International Affairs. Senior research fellow.
- Academic Dean for the International Executive Master Programs on Energy. BIs most international programs.
- Own courses: "Energy Economics and Geopolitics" - "Fundamentals of Energy Management."
- Extensive cooperation: Institut francais du petrole (IFP), Paris & Haas Business School, Berkeley (UCLA), USA.
- 1989-2013: Professor II
- Energy, international affairs.
1981-85: Statistisk Sentralbyrå (SSB) / Statistics Norway. Oslo. Senior Executive Officer.
- Offshore and foreign trade stastics, oil & gas, analyses, indexes, national / international account.
1985-: Kaldor Farm, Øyer.
1976: Norwegian Army. Jørstadmoen & Southern Norway Defence Command (FKS) / Holmenkollen, Oslo.. Conscription.
1972-1980: Musikksentralen a.s., Oslo. Founder, Chairman and CEO. Company sold 1985.
2009: Dr.philos. Universitetet i Oslo. Institutt for statsvitenskap / Department of Political Science. Link.1989: Master in Public Administration, MPA M-C (political economy). John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, U.S.
- Credit courses include also Department of Economics and Harvard Business School.
1980: Cand.oecon / Master in Economics. Universitetet i Oslo, Sosialøkonomisk institutt / Department of Economics. Link.
1978-80: Debreceni Nyári Egyetem, Hungarian language courses (summer weks)
1971: Lillehammer High Scool (Lillehammer Gymnas).
Norwegian 5 (mother
tongue), English 5 (fluent), German 3, Hungarian 2, French 1.
Research, teaching, supervision, dissemination, administrative:
• Main fields of concentration: International political economy; Economics; International economics; WTO; IMF; International affairs; Public policy and administration; European economic and political integration; The European Union (EU); Russia and Russian energy; East-West trade; Energy economics and geopolitics; Global oil and gas markets and policy; OPEC; IEA; Renewable energy and climate change; Norwegian petroleum management; Norway – EU relations; EEA; Norwegian foreign policy; Innovation and entrepreneurship; Regulatory systems and more.
• National and international publications: Books, journal articles, reports, chronicles, op-eds, presentations.
• Referee for national and international journals, publishers, evaluation of academic positions. Editorial Board member. Academic reviewer for Norwegian and international research programmes and quality assurance procedures in higher education, and more.
• Courses: International political economy; International economics; European integration; Energy economics and geopolitics; Microeconomics; Macroeconomics. Supervision: Bachelor, Master, PhD.
• Teaching languages: Norwegian end English.
• Member Harvard Energy Policy Group.
• Research administrative positions: Head of Research / Viserektor for forskning / Provost HiL, Chairman of Board / Board Member Eastern Norway Research Foundation / Østlandsforskning, Member program board Petrosam2 / Petromaks2 at the Norwegian Research Council, NFR, and more.
• Supervisor for private and public bodies. Contract research.
• Dissemination, presentations, debate, news media. Comprehensive international cooperation.
- 2006-2014: Member think-tank Respublica. 1993-2005: Adjuncted analyst in Europa-programmet.